COVID-19 Service Updates
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way many local services are operating.
We’ve collected responses from member organizations so that you know what to expect when you call during COVID.
- Shelter has established screening process for women and kids wanting access.
- Outreach staff are offering services by phone only.
- Buildings are closed to all but staff and women & kids in shelter.
- The shelter is open
- Staff who can work form home are working remotely.
- No in person counselling; counselling is done via phone.
- All meetings using Zoom.
Kabaeshiwim Place of Rest
- Our crisis lines remain open to help any individual that is in need of our service.
- At the present time we are only accepting women/children from Saugeen First Nation.
- People from beyond Saugeen will be connected with their nearest shelter.
- When possible, staff are working from home.
- We are minimizing our face to face visits with service users, based on safety and high risk factors.
- We are also minimizing people in the office through a rotating schedule which reduces contact with each other.
- We are conducting meetings via teleconference or GotoMeeting app.
Crown Attorney’s Offices
- The offices are open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. for telephone inquiries.
- Telephone inquires rather than in-person attendances are strongly recommended to reduce the number of people in the building.
Bruce County: Call 519 881 0432 or email WalkertonCrownOffice@ontario.ca
Grey County: Call 519-370-2470
- All groups have been halted but individuals can still register.
- Current participants will receive check in calls by phone.
- The PAR Program is continuing partner contact.
- The Male Survivor Program continues to offer counselling by phone and video.
- Contact 519-372-2720
- FAQ online.
- Currently the Owen Sound Police Station is closed to the public
- Until further notice, all Criminal Record Checks must be submitted online through our online link on our main page
- When you call dispatch services you will be asked to go through a screening process regarding COVID-19 health risks.
- We ask members of the public to avoid attending the Saugeen Shores Police Service headquarters unless absolutely necessary.
- Access to the main lobby of the Police Headquarters will be restricted.
- You may see Saugeen Shores Police Service officers wearing protective equipment like gloves and masks.
- Closed station to visit
- Increased alternate delivery for calls for service – telephone calls email
- Reduced proactive actions
- Calls are screened for COVID risk but response is the same.
- We have suspended service at this time
Victim Witness Assistance Program (VWAP)
- VWAP staff is conducting interactions with clients by telephone. –
- Clients are encouraged to call VWAP at 519 376-8927 for information, support and referrals
Due to the risks COVID-19 has created and in accordance with Public Health directives for social distancing, as well as an abundance of caution, Victim Services personnel are unable to provide in person response to crime or tragic circumstances, other than at the request of Police Services. Our offices are closed to the public but we continue to be available 24/7 at 1-866-376-9852.
- Phone contact only; no face to face appointments
- Limited face to face interactions.
- Office is closed until further notice, employees working remotely.
- Contact information (519)373-1589 or email@example.com
- Georgian College students have access to video/telelphone counselling Mon. Friday 830-430. Only change is we aren’t seeing people in person.
- Employees PT and FT have access to EAP telephone counselling.
- We are promoting crisis line numbers which are sent out with auto replies.
For information about ways to volunteer, opportunities to access services, or places to get help with things like food visit the United Ways new website http://www.thedo.ca/. You can offer to help, or reach out for the help you need.
Grey Bruce Food Banks
Food Banks in Bruce-Grey continue to operate on a limited basis and/or with precautions such as pre-packed hampers, limited access to space, physical distances, etc. Some are open to appointments only on a call-in basis. Please be in touch with the local food bank for specific inquires, to book an appointment or to retrieve further information.
Grey Bruce Food Banks:
- Beaver Valley Outreach: 519-599-2577
- Chatsworth Community Outreach: 519-376-1522
- Chesley Salvation Army: 519-364-3450
- Durham and District Food Bank: 519-369-6860
- Flesherton Food Bank (Church Office): 519-924-2065
- Golden Town Outreach: 519-538-4550
- Kincardine Ministerial Food Bank: 519-396-2185
- Lion’s Head and District Food Bank: 519-793-3443
- Paisley and Community Food Bank: 519-353-5270
- Salvation Army – Hanover: 519-364-3450
- Salvation Army – Owen Sound (OS Community and Family Services): 519-371-0957
- Salvation Army – Saugeen Shores Community and Family Services: 519-389-3942
- Salvation Army – Wiarton: 519-534-0353
- Tara Area Food Bank: 226-568-3092
- Tobermory Food bank: 519-375-7010
- Walkerton and District Food Bank: 519-881-0168