Nominate Inspiring Women in Your Community
Women’s House Serving Bruce and Grey will be partnering with Bruce County to present our annual International Woman’s Day Celebration on Thursday, March 7th, 2019 at the Lakeshore Recreation Centre in Port Elgin and is seeking nominations for the Woman of Distinction award. This year we are opening the nominations to two categories: Woman of Distinction Award and the Young Woman of Distinction Award, and we need your help to find these amazing individuals in our communities!
“Over the years, there have been some phenomenal women nominated”, states Executive Director Lisa Owen. “It’s a beautifully heart-warming experience to receive those nominations and to celebrate those women for how they have touched the world. Please, if you know a woman of distinction, take the time to nominate her. There’s ample time still to gather the information and put together a strong application.”
Nominators are encouraged to submit a 200-250 word biography/outline explaining why this person should be recognized as a Woman of Distinction or Young Woman of Distinction, along with the Nomination Form (attached). We have established the following criteria that will guide us in making our final decision:
-provides inspiration and motivation to others
-recognized as a positive role model through example, mentoring and education
-consistently displays leadership qualities
-promotes and supports equality, improved opportunities and choices in the community
-demonstrates vision, innovation or creativity and the courage to take risks
-advocates positive changes in society through the impact of her activities, particularly for women and girls
-must be a resident of Bruce or Grey County
-Note: all above criteria also applies for the Young Woman of Distinction award, but in addition, they must be to young women who are still in school, under the age of majority
Nominations for the annual Woman (and Young Woman) of Distinction Awards will be accepted until February, 14th, 2019 at 4:00pm. The winners will be contacted prior to the event to ensure they will be in attendance, and they will be announced publicly on March 7th, at the International Women’s Day event at the Lakeshore Recreation Centre in Port Elgin.
Please send your nominations to Michelle Lamont by mail at Box 760, Kincardine, ON N2Z 2Z4, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at (519) 396-7800. If you have any questions or concerns about nominations, International Women’s Day or Women’s House in general, please contact Michelle at (519) 396-9814 ext.225.
2019 Woman of Distinction and Young Woman of Distinction Award Nomination Form
1. Name of Nominator (person sending in the nomination):
2. Nominator’s Phone/email:
3. Name of Nominee (person you want to nominate for the award):
4. Nominee’s Phone / email:
5. How does the Nominee provide inspiration and motivation to others?
6. How has the Nominee been a positive role model through example, mentoring and education?
7. How does the Nominee consistently display leadership qualities?
8. How does the Nominee promote and support equality, improved opportunities and choices in the community?
9. How does the Nominee demonstrate vision, innovation or creativity and the courage to take risks?
10. How has the Nominee demonstrated that she advocates for positive changes in society through the impact of her activities, particularly for women and girls?
11. Is the Nominee a resident of Bruce or Grey County?
12. Is the Nominee being Nominated for the:
o Woman of Distinction Award (must be over the age of majority)
o Young Women of Distinction Award (must be under the age of majority and still in school)
Please provide any optional additional information (biography or outline) in under 250 words, explaining why this person should be recognized as a Woman of Distinction or Young Woman of Distinction (use extra pages, as necessary):